Prev: RE: UN Ship Nomenclature Next: RE: Terror

Other Forces

From: Noah Doyle <nvdoyle@m...>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 00:31:13 -0500
Subject: Other Forces

	Here's a little bit of data collection I did on the FB.  It
should provide
some insight into the naval forces of the Minor Powers.

Ships listed as sold/transferred to another power

Class			Number
Scoutship		133
Corvette			55
Frigate 		98
Destroyer		72
Super Destroyer 	13
Missile Destroyer	2
Light Cruiser		39
Escort Cruiser		22
Heavy Cruiser		33
Battlecruiser		24
Battleship		13
Battledreadnought	8
Light Carrier		6
Heavy Carrier		1

	These totals are for all of the Major Powers (NAC, ESU, NSL,
FSE).
 Classes not listed (no ships transferred): Heavy Frigate,
Superdreadnought.
	This is a lot of ships.  It doesn't include the UN (size
unknown), or
native construction.  The OU seems to be the leader in native design &
construction, but maybe that's because we haven't focussed on many other

groups yet.  The ESU is the largest exporter of naval vessels.	The
single
CVA listed above is an ESU Konstantin-class Attack Carrier.  I wonder
who
it was sold to.
	If anyone is interested, I can give a breakdown by class, number
and
supplier.

	As for a map of Terra circa 2185, I can't find the appropriate
world map
yet, but here's a rundown by control of present-day nations:
	NAC: North & South America (see FCT), British Isles (status of
Eire
unknown), Japan (nominal)
	ESU: China, Russia, India, Poland, Czechia, Slovakia, Korea
	FSE: France, Spain, Italy
	NSL: Germany, Austria
	PAU: Sub-Saharan Africa, Madagascar
	FCT: Texas, California
	IR: Mediterranean Africa, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Syria, Iraq,
Yemen, Oman,
various states
	IC: Indonesia, Philippines, Maylasia, Indochina, various islands
	OU: Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, various islands
	RH: Byelorussia, Ukraine

	There are a few implied but unconfirmed listings.  Are
Afghanistan,
Pakistan & Iran in the IR?  Are Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria & the Balkans
in
the NSL?  What about Latvia, Lithuania & Estonia?  Postulated: The
Scandinavian Federation (SF): Norway, Sweden, Finland.
	Others that remain unaccounted for: Iceland, Turkey, Greece,
Portugal,
others I've missed?

Noah

Prev: RE: UN Ship Nomenclature Next: RE: Terror