Prev: RE: UN Ship Nomenclature Next: Re: Terrorism, about 50% Off-topic

Re: Terrorism, about 50% Off-topic

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 11:56:43 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Terrorism, about 50% Off-topic

You wrote:

>A friend of mine in Texas was telling me recently that you can now
mail >order the ingredients for Anthrax.  There were a few programs
about >bio/chemical warfare on BBC recently.  One lunatic they
interviewed had >written a book on how to make chemical weapons in your
own kitchen.  He >didn't see anything wrong about what he was doing at
all.

I can make chlorine gas in my bathroom.  I've seen it done
accidentally.  The problem is that most of this stuff is fairly basic
chemistry or biology.  Anthrax can be found in any school of Vetrinary
Medicine.  It's primarily a sheep fever.  Banning it would be like
banning Ammonium Nitrate.  Kinda makes agriculture difficult.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: RE: UN Ship Nomenclature Next: Re: Terrorism, about 50% Off-topic