Prev: Re: New DSII weapon system Next: Re: UN Ship Nomenclature

Re: UN Ship Nomenclature

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 22:59:21 +0100
Subject: Re: UN Ship Nomenclature

	Personally I think you should move the names down one and name
your SDN's
after secertaries of the UN. ie the Butros-Butros Gali, Coffey
Anan......
	DD's then might be arms inspectors (now you was that Australian
who gave
Iraq such a hard time....) FF's might be aid workers killed in the line
of
duty (no I don't know any of the top of my head). I'll have to think
some
more.

	Tony.
	twilko@ozemail.com.au

At 21:45 06/08/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Here's some thoughts about ship names for the UNSC:
>(With apologies to Ms. Cherryh)
>
>SDN: Continents (Africa, Asia, Europe, Australia, Antarctica, North &
South
>America)
>CVA: Oceans (Pacific, Atlantic, Arctic, Indian)
>CVL: Seas (Weddell, Caspian, Black, etc)
>BDN: Major Rivers (Amazon, Mississippi, Danube, Volga, Congo)
>BB: Mountain Ranges (Ural, Rocky, Grampian, Great Dividing)
>BC: Mountains (Everest, Ranier, Matterhorn)
>CA: Lakes
>CE: Bays
>CL:
>DD:
>FF:
>CR:
>SS: Islands
>
>Well, I still need a name-type for the Light Cruiser, Destroyer,
Frigate &