Prev: RE: SG2, Changes to initiating close assault rules Next: RE: SG2, Changes to initiating close assault rules

RE: SG2, Changes to initiating close assault rules

From: Wayne <w.pollerd@s...>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 10:17:48
Subject: RE: SG2, Changes to initiating close assault rules

Stuart Murray wrote:

>A suggestion or two...

>If your regular opponent is a fan of PA because he gets better troops
and
>kit than you then there are a few things you could do with regular
troops
>to even the game up without giving the regular troops a huge numerical
>advantage, which eve though they are facing PA seems unfair to the PA
guy.

We will probably give your ideas a go in the future but we're currently
playing games as practice for a stargrunt tournament which has certain
restrictions on weapons and a point system to try and balance out the
forces.  Due to my like of using non PA troops and my opponents love of
using them, I currently have a 2 to 1 advantage in numbers (could be
more
now that I think about it).  If he blunders into one of my fire sacks
his
power armour tends to die, if he avoids it and gets into close assault
range I tend to die.

We have interesting games it just that as my first post commented on, if
he
has a single survivng troopie from his PA squad and manages to get it
unsuppressed, he initiates close assault against my 9 man OU squads and
since he tends to be elite or a veteran and carrying close assault
weapons
he almost always wins the combat.  hence my suggstion for adding extra
modifiers for assaulting a numerically superior force.

Wayne.

Prev: RE: SG2, Changes to initiating close assault rules Next: RE: SG2, Changes to initiating close assault rules