Prev: RE: SG2, Changes to initiating close assault rules Next: New DSII weapon system

RE: SG2, Changes to initiating close assault rules

From: Stuart Murray <smurray@a...>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 11:11:35 -0400
Subject: RE: SG2, Changes to initiating close assault rules

A suggestion or two...

>When I said lone trooper I was really thinking of a PA trooper.  My
normal
>opponent likes to use PA troops but I prefer to use normal troopers and
>find that I need to kill his PA squad to the last man before my squads
are
>safe from a close assault.  With them normally being Vets or Elites
they
>lose very few confidence levels and with up to three activations a turn
(he
>likes to transfer actions to them) having only three suppression
markers on

>I suppose you could say I thought up the change as a result of always
being
>assaulted by a numerically smaller squad, even if they are PA troopies.
>Maybe I should suggest that my opponent supplies less drugs to his PA
>troopies before the game so they won't be so agressive :)
>>them isn't enough to stop them preforming a close assault.

If your regular opponent is a fan of PA because he gets better troops
and
kit than you then there are a few things you could do with regular
troops
to even the game up without giving the regular troops a huge numerical
advantage, which eve though they are facing PA seems unfair to the PA
guy.

The first thing you could do is, if your regulars have assault
rifle/grenade launchers, say that your guys have armour piercing
grenades,
when the PA comes near spend an action reorganising, tell your opponent
that your guys are reloading with AP rounds only.  Ok so you should drop
the FP	of the rifle one until you reload with GP grenades, however,
until
then you could use the AP rounds as IVAR against the PA.  The second
thing
is tell your opponent that all your regular, non SAW, troops have IVARs,
when the PA nears splat, dead PA.  Third, if your rgs are not moving
much
(when facing PA mine tend to be fairly static as the PA is racing round
like headless chickens, give your regs claymore mines (the one in the
book,
I forgot its name), plant them in front of the troops, as soon as the PA
charges it runs smack into the miones and splat again.	These are just
some
suggestions, I guess I used to use them just to get the guy I was
playing
out of the GW mind-set of close assault is the only way to play.  Once
your
opponent is wary of little things like this then they are much more
likely
to play a fun game rather than charge straight at your reg softskins and
beat the stuffing out of them in a 'fun for him but not for you' kind of
way.

Stuart.

Stuart Murray

Department Of Molecular Genetics	     Tel: (718) 430 4289
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine	      Fax: (718) 430 8778
1300 Morris Park Avenue 			  email:
smurray@aecom.yu.edu
Bronx
New York 10461

Prev: RE: SG2, Changes to initiating close assault rules Next: New DSII weapon system