Prev: Re: RopeCon 98 Report Next: Re: a BIGGER ship!

Re: Stargrunt WWII conversion

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 16:18:36 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Stargrunt WWII conversion

You wrote:

>For our first games we just picked command and quality markers at
>random from the pot. This meant that my BEF infantry platoon was
>lucky enough to have two red squads :-) with class-2 and class-3
>officers :-(. The German SS recce squad was given their only red
>marker which, since they were quite a large squad, made them very
>powerful. in future on we'll select the chits a bit better (ie we'll
give >the French most of the green and yellow ones).

Does everyone else pull chits at random from the entire collection
provided?  I don't throw yellow ones into the mix unless it's a
non-military force on the board--I figure street cops _might_ be so
inexperienced in firefights as to pull those.  Or not, if from Beirut,
or Belfast.  :) Mobs certaintly would count as this, as would Iranian
or Iraqi militia.  Red chits don't show up unless we're dealing with
elements of a truly elite force--Rangers, 307th Engineers, SAS, Foreign
Legion Paras, Green Beanies, etc.  And I weight the chits for other
forces.  For example, militia batallions not only have crappy
equipment, they pick from green and regular chits only.  Regulars from
good quality formations with combat experience and/or superb training
(i.e., my Tagmatic troops, Waffen-SS, 3rd Army in WWII, US/UK troops in
Desert Storm) pick from only regular and veteran chits, etc.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: RopeCon 98 Report Next: Re: a BIGGER ship!