Prev: Re: DS2 scenery question Next: Re: RopeCon 98 Report

Re: Anti-armor mines!

From: Gary Kett <gkett@a...>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 15:49:12 -0400
Subject: Re: Anti-armor mines!

>Yet again, I tell you three times, do NOT use metallic objects to
>probe, do NOT use metallic objects to probe, do NOT use metallic
>objects to probe.  This includes knives, bayonets, belt buckles, tanks,

>weapons, radio antennas, or anything else which might possibly be
>ferrous.  Go with wood or fiberglass or anything else which does not
>influence magnetic fields.
>
>John M. Atkinson
>
>John, could you tell me how many types of present day mines are set off
by
magnetic fields, and exactly how common that type of mine is? I was
under
the impression that they were very rare, but really have no idea. The
mine
awarness specalists(Engineers) tell/and demonstrate to our students how
prod with bayonents, and also have special metal tipped mine probbing
devices.

		Gary

Prev: Re: DS2 scenery question Next: Re: RopeCon 98 Report