Prev: Re: Mini size question: Next: Re: New Fighter Types

Re Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we!

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 08:49:32 +1000
Subject: Re Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we!

>The Wombles of Wimbledon common.
>A old children's TV puppet series. With a "green"/recycling theme.
>The wombles themselves were small puppets that looked like
>small ewoks or miniature wookies. They had a pointed, conical nose,
>rather like old sp*ce m*rines from you know who.
>I can't remember the guy who invented them, but someone in England
should
>know.

Or Australia for that matter :)
The guy who wrote it was actually a girl - Elisabeth Beresford.

And as for the song...

		    Underground, Overground, Wombling Free,
		    The Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we.
		    Making good use of the things that we find,
		    Things that the everyday folks leave behind.

		    Uncle Bulgaria,
		    He can remember the days when he wasn't behind The
Times,
		    With his map of the World.
		    Pick up the papers and take them to Tobermory!

		    Wombles are organized, work as a team.
		    Wombles are tidy and Wombles are clean.
		    Underground, Overground, wombling free,
		    The Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we!

		    People don't notice us, they never see,
		    Under their noses a Womble may be.
		    We womble by night and we womble by day,
		    Looking for litter to trundle away.

		    We're so incredibly, utterly devious
		    Making the most of everything.
		    Even bottles and tins.
		    Pick up the pieces and make them into something new,

		    Is what we do!

Yes it is probably very sad that I can remember this.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

Prev: Re: Mini size question: Next: Re: New Fighter Types