Prev: Re: RopeCon 98 Report Next: Re: Mini size question:

Re Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we!

From: "Al.Bri" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 10:31:48 +1200
Subject: Re Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we!

Thomas	Barclay wrote:

>Who coined the phrase Womble (and the very Wombling?). I've never
>heard anyone except was it Douglas Adams? say something about
>Wombling....?
The Wombles of Wimbledon common.
A old children's TV puppet series. With a "green"/recycling theme.
The wombles themselves were small puppets that looked like
small ewoks or miniature wookies. They had a pointed, conical nose,
rather like old sp*ce m*rines from you know who.
I can't remember the guy who invented them, but someone in England
should
know.
"The wombles of wimbledon common are we!"
"Making good use of ...."
and so on.
[Help me, Dave. My memory is going......]

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin
Dirtside II Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII
Dirtside II FAQ Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ

Prev: Re: RopeCon 98 Report Next: Re: Mini size question: