Prev: Re: 15mm figures. - and a Question of Composition Next: RE: SG2 Vehicle Questions

Re: What about the UN? - Longish

From: Niall Gilsenan <ngilsena@i...>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 17:06:44 +0100
Subject: Re: What about the UN? - Longish

At 13:04 27/07/98 +0100, you wrote:
>On 27 Jul 98, at 12:11, Niall Gilsenan wrote:
>> Back to the UN though.  I've often thought its a pity the UN doesn't
have
>> covert ops sections, perhaps then it might be a bit more able to
acheive
>> its goals.
>ERm, are you sure they don't? if they did they would be.. ermm..
covert.

>			TTFN
>				Jon

Well if they did have a covert ops division things would probably work
out
better for them.  Since invariably it does not work out it stands to
reason
that they don't have one (hows that for a display of spurious logic).
Flying about in black helicopters would be a fairly silly thing to do if
you wanted to remain a "covert" operation in any case.	Just paint the
damn
things with a local paint job (us, isreali, whatever) and you're much
better hidden.

This millenarian/conspiracy theory thing has really gotten silly.
Imagine
the disappointment when the world doesn't end in a couple of years
time...

I wonder what the role of the red cross/red crescent would be in the FT
universe?  Would they even still be around, would they have a fleet? A
few
small escorts and crusiers with lots of transports?  Might present some
interesting scenarios for operating in warzones with small scale
warships.
Perhaps breaking a blockade in the interests of humanitarianism?  Or
would
that be a UN role again?

Niall Gilsenan,
DIT Cathal Brugha St,
Dublin 1,
Ireland.
The miscellany (Sci-Fi combat games)
http://members.tripod.com/~Cwintel/Scifi.html

Prev: Re: 15mm figures. - and a Question of Composition Next: RE: SG2 Vehicle Questions