Prev: RE: SG2 Vehicles Next: FleetBook Errata

Re: SG2 Vehicles

From: "Al.Bri" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 16:42:40 +1200
Subject: Re: SG2 Vehicles

Noah Doyle wrote:

>...As far as any predictions
>as to how all these vehicles are supposed to survive this sort of
>environment (excellent ATGMs, hyper-accurate tank guns), the best
advice
>I've seen is : Pray.  Every simulation I've ever seen - from ATC
reports to
>home PC games - a near-even match of vehicles and capabilities results
in
>carnage.  You end up with a lot of debarked, demoralised infantry, and
>lot of burning hulks.
Yes, I've played Steel Panthers I, II & III (Steel Panthers III is very
good!) on my friend's PC, and it is extremely difficult to fight against
modern western force with any nation's armed forces. While I don't know
how
accurate the PC simulation is, it seems reasonable enough.

> My concern with vehicles is the Firecons - can one gunner fire
multiple
>weapons in various turrets at one target? (slaving both remote turrets
>his board & sensors)
I can't see why not. So let's make it so. But doing two things at once
is a
bit harder than doing one thing well. Let's roll the Firecon die for
each
weapon, but reduce each die's type by one step, because of the
coordination
required. So, if we use two weapon systems with, say, 1D10 Firecon, you
would roll 2 * 1D8. Similarly for three weapon systems, reduce the die
type
by two on each; for four, reduce the die type by three on each; and so
on.

> Can a vehicle with multiple gunners and multiple weapons fire at
multiple
>targets in the same FIRE action?
Yes, just divide the dice according to your desire. It's a bit like
having
several MG teams with your squad/fire team. However, if you are using a
points system, I would suggest that the vehicle buys a Firecon for each
weapon system. A vehicle with one Firecon allows one gunner to fire one
weapon (or multiple weapons if you use my modification above). Multiple
Firecons and physical space for extra gunners on your vehicle should
allow
multiple shots.

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin
Dirtside II Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII
Dirtside II FAQ Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ

Prev: RE: SG2 Vehicles Next: FleetBook Errata