Prev: Home Page Next: Re: SG2 Vehicles

RE: SG2 Vehicles

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 23:36:37 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: RE: SG2 Vehicles

You wrote:

>the beginning or end. Now, before anyone says this might be a hard
>shot, I don't disagree, but in 5 minute turns it might not be
>impossible either. But the rules don't let us fire in mid movement.

I'll disagree.	Firing on the move with modern stabilization systems is
not that much harder--lots of shots were made moving at full speed
during Storm, the first time truly modern tanks were used in large
numbers.  By the next century stationary gunnery will be a basic
training exercise and nothing more.

>activated, even if they were chits, and even if they activated out of
>LOS of the enemy, and its only ever one side invisible), I find the
>game system does not really give itself (as an out-of-book system) to
>the same kind of 'hide or die' mentality that microarmour did. Now,

Whereas hide or die drives light infantry/engineer tactics to an
extreme.  Cover, cover, cover.	On an exercise last week, our breach
team infiltrated practically up to the wire before anyone realized we
were doing a north-south breach rather than other way around.  No one
could keep track of situation with a firefight to one flank and someone
low-crawling around the other.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Home Page Next: Re: SG2 Vehicles