Prev: RE: What about the UN? - Longish Next: Re: Interesting Signature Lines - It's on topic!

Re: Interesting trivia

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 22:03:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Interesting trivia

Kett writes:
> > I was chating with an engineer Warrent Officer...
> [...]
> > Maybe this is all old news to everyone out there,
> > but I thought it was interesting.
>
> On a mostly different note, but still there with the gosh-wow
> tech, the BBC science/technology prog tonight featured a dinky
> little drone aircraft about six inches in diameter, launched like
> a paper aeroplane and running off a little square 9V battery. The
> camera, control motors and transmitter fit in a matchbox.
> Supposedly the plan is that every GI will get one (hmm).

These were in Popular Science several months ago as well - they had a
cover story on "Micro Spy Planes". Very cool...

There are (although I've never used them) Drone Team rules in SG2 - a
two or three man element, and the drones can move (I think) 36"/turn.
They
use spotting rules as usual, and can be shot down. Anyone used these and
want to report one how they work?

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)