Prev: Re: Need Physics Help! Next: Re: Fiddling with units

Re: Some FT questions

From: Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@U...
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 06:31:45 -0500
Subject: Re: Some FT questions

I didn't see any other follow-up, so I'll step in with my
third-of-a-century old Russian studies.

I've forgotten how Russian does Europe, but if it's merely an 'eh'
sound,
then E is correct. Otherwise, either a backwards N for long e, or
backwards
R for the 'you'.

States would be, I think, shtati, and that would be a flat bottomed W
with
an extra upright.

The last C works, for soyuz, the Russian for union.

I think I still have a text around; I'll muck about for it later. Not a
clue what the word order would be(Russians MIGHT change that.)

The_Beast

Sprayform <sprayform.dev@netwales.co.uk> on 07/16/98 03:06:54 PM

Please respond to FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

To:   FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
cc:    (bcc: Doug Evans/CSN/UNEBR)

Noah at 22:03 10/07/98 -0500, you wrote:
...8< snip >8

What does the ESU ship name prefix (VKK in romanized Russian) come ut to
be in Cyrillic?  And Russian speakers/readers out there?

...When I researched this a loooong while back ESU came out to be ECC
which
...I modified to be E*C in yellow since both ussr and china have/had
stars
...in the flags!

Jon (T.C.)

Sprayforming Developments Ltd.	      [production tools]
					   made in
				      [prototype  times]
  'The future is now'

Prev: Re: Need Physics Help! Next: Re: Fiddling with units