Prev: Re: The Phalons (But with serious on topic questions stuck on thebottom) Next: Fiddling with units

RE: The Phalons (But with serious on topic questions stuck on the bottom)

From: douglase@o...
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 07:44:24 -0500
Subject: RE: The Phalons (But with serious on topic questions stuck on the bottom)

>On that theme... My husband played GW games back when there was only 1
book
>(Yes he's been playing for quite a while) and he just wanted to know if
any
>of you guys had ever seen the "Dictator" (probably more appropriately
>called the DICKtator) which was a ship with 2 big arms with claws which
>used to grab an enemy ship before using a huge drill to breech the hull
>before disgorging lots of small boarding parties... it was one of the
>funniest gaming things you can imagine he reckons. Its wonder it ever
made
>it past the sensors out here - they banned the first 2 GW orc gargants
>(which had a large cannon or gnashing set of jaws between their
"legs").

The ork Gargant had what the officially called a "Belly Gun".  It was
never
referred as such though.  Yes I do remember the Dictator ship.	Pretty
funny stuff.  The old GW had some pretty off-color ideas about future
combat.

On another note we are going to be starting a FT campaign here in Korea
soon and I am developing some tech trees for it. Has anyone else done
anything like this before?  If so I would love to see how you went about
it.  I am basing ours on the ones found in the SFB campaign book.

       Thanks

       That Chuk Guy

Prev: Re: The Phalons (But with serious on topic questions stuck on thebottom) Next: Fiddling with units