Prev: Re: ATTN Jon T: Free CalTex Government and Society? Next: RE: The Phalons (But with serious on topic questions stuck on the bottom)

Re: The Phalons (But with serious on topic questions stuck on thebottom)

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 13:49:41 +0200
Subject: Re: The Phalons (But with serious on topic questions stuck on thebottom)

Beth Fulton wrote:

> On that theme [symbolic miniatures :-)]... My husband played GW games
back when there was only 1 > book
> (Yes he's been playing for quite a while) and he just wanted to know
if
any
> of you guys had ever seen the "Dictator" (probably more appropriately
> called the DICKtator) which was a ship with 2 big arms with claws

Hm... Had it not been for the arms, I'd have seen the similarity sooner!
'Course, there are rubbers shaped as divers; they do look pretty much
like the Dic(k)tators :-/

>  Its wonder it ever made
> it past the sensors out here - they banned the first 2 GW orc gargants
> (which had a large cannon or gnashing set of jaws between their
"legs").

Um... the only Gargants that do *not* have belly guns or similar are the
Mekboy Gargants and Megagargants - every model inbetween have'em.
Unfortunately E40K doesn't allow you to gun for specific hit locations
any longer...

> 1) The reroll 6s just continues on until you stop rolling 6s right?

Yes. This is explicitly stated on page 5, "Rerolls (penetrating
damage)",
second paragraph.

> 2) When a ship strikes its colours does the other side have to do
anything
> to it (i.e. put on a boarding party or something) or does it just
quietly
> slink out of the way?

This is one of the "incomplete" rules from More Thrust. The rules don't
say anything about the effects of surrendering, so it's all up to the
players to decide - preferrably prior to the battle :-/

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@nacka.mail.telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.