Prev: Re: Strategic Movement (was Re: LaGrange...) Next: PSB not neccessary

RE: Carrier design in FT

From: Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@U...
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 06:48:30 -0500
Subject: RE: Carrier design in FT

And don't call me Shirley...

Tony, while I'd agree for simplicity's sake, if someone wants to tweak
the
rules and do the bookkeeping, I'd think a group wouldn't improve THAT
much
until the Ace had had a chance to work with/into the group(unless you
think
the Ace is flying the group from his cockpit. You could say it that
way.) I
may have missed the original post, but if it was the idea of mixing an
Ace
and a Turkey to get an Ace and an Average, I'd have to look back to the
book. Does an Ace group go to Average if the Ace IN the group is shot up
by
another Ace(individual)?

You have to admit, the idea of buying an Ace and several Turkey groups,
only to have the Ace group merrily moving from Turkey group to Turkey
group, magically upgrading them is particularly ugly. If you can think
of
blocks to this, please mention them.

However, reformations were supposed to be a bookkeeping simplicity, and
such are always ready for abuse by rules lawyering.

Tony, that wasn't an accusation, just stating what's bother some of us.

The_Beast

"Tony Francis" <TONY@simis.co.uk> on 07/13/98 06:10:14 AM

Please respond to FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

To:   FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
cc:    (bcc: Doug Evans/CSN/UNEBR)

> And you could recombine fighters from any group into
> any group to save time in getting groups back out the doors - but you
lose
> Ace status if you split them up, and keep Turkey status.

Surely not - an 'Ace' group is such because it contains a single
'Ace' pilot, _not_ because the whole group is above average. So even
if you split / combine groups this super pilot has to go somewhere
and will make the new group he's attached to an 'Ace' group.

Tony Francis

Prev: Re: Strategic Movement (was Re: LaGrange...) Next: PSB not neccessary