Prev: RE: Lazy Man's Cammo Next: RE: Lazy Man's Cammo

RE: Carrier design in FT

From: Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@U...
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 06:44:52 -0500
Subject: RE: Carrier design in FT

-If you take the defacto standard turn time to be 20 minutes then
-it would seem reasonable to be able to refuel/arm fighters in
-one turn (given future automation). I think 6 turns is perhaps too
long.
-
-If you disallow launch and recovery on the same turn and have one turn
for
-re-arming you are still going to have your fighters out of action for
-long enough - its at time like this I always visualise the Japanese
carriers
-at midway frantically rearming, when...
-
-tim jones

This is a strong image for many of us, I'm sure. Perhaps those of the
group
who like working the numbers would think about some possible rule
extension/scenerio variations. Maybe use some fighter variants(I've
forgotten whether these made it to FB), with a two turn change to make a
loaded torp fighter to a heavy or...?

I personally thought Tora, Tora, Tora was ten times more interesting
than
soap opera Midway, but the scene where the Japanese pilots scramble on
the deck and see the other flatops blazing, their faces filled with
shock
and pain, haunts me almost as deeply as the TTT scene of Adm. Kimmel
viewing the destruction of Pearl Harbor.

It's the kind of drama of war I'd hope we could make rules for.

I would suggest that PSB would allow that space fighters would take as
long
as one wants to make it necessary to rearm. Those are not F-18's on the
deck. ;->= That said, if you are going to make rearming a long term
prospect, I might think endurance should be lengthened also.

As usual, all of the above off the top of my head, without playing
recently, and having never scene FB. Let the flames begin!

The_Besat

Prev: RE: Lazy Man's Cammo Next: RE: Lazy Man's Cammo