Prev: RE: Lazy Man's Cammo Next: RE: Carrier design in FT

RE: Lazy Man's Cammo

From: "Tony Francis" <TONY@s...>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 10:18:46 +0000
Subject: RE: Lazy Man's Cammo

> I don't recall the name of the material or what specific type of decal
it
> works with, but I have used a commercially available chemical that
helps a
> decal "snug" down over an irregular surface. I once used it when
applying
> roundels to some French WWI aircraft miniatures, but have apparently
lost
> the bottle during my last move. The roundel decals actually flowed
down into
> the crevice separating wing and flap quite nicely.
Humbrol do a two-part decal softening / setting solution that sounds
similar. In my experience it works fine at getting decals to 'flow'
into a single direction (eg down into an engraved panel line and back
up again) but has no hope of getting a decal to adhere to the
contours of something with compound curves like a GZG vehicle ! As
soon as you ask a decal to start bending in more than one direction
at once then problems are going to occur.

Tony Francis
(tony@simis.co.uk)

Brigade Models website
    http://www.uk-net.com/uk/freeweb/users/brigade

Prev: RE: Lazy Man's Cammo Next: RE: Carrier design in FT