Prev: Origins'98 - a 'mini' con report Next: computer list

Re: KV in the New System

From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@v...>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 09:39:41 -0600
Subject: Re: KV in the New System

On Tue, 7 Jul 1998 08:37:23 -0500, Noah Doyle writes:
>Has anyone tried using KV equipment (railguns, scatterguns) in the new
FTFB
>design system?  I was looking over the rules again last night, and they

>would seem to be real shipkillers.  I also figured that the mass for
the
>railfuns would go along the same lines as the beams (1/2/4/8...).
Railguns
>would probably fire thru 1 arc only, with maybe the class-1s having a
120

Here's some ideas I had along this very same line:

Class X railgun, mass X*3 (one arc.  +X mass to go to 2 arcs)
Range 36", hit auto at under 6", then decreasing by one per 6" out.
Damage is 1-3: X points
	  4-5: X*2 points
	  6:   X*2 points + reroll

No armor penetrating, but ignores screens.

Might be too long range.  Maybe go back to the MT ranges.

Rail guns shouldn't go up by squares unless the larger ones have
longer ranges than the smaller ones like beams do.  Really, a class 3
railgun is the same as 3 class 1 railguns except when taking
thresholds.  So, opinions on the above.  I thinks this tracks well
with the new beam and PT masses, but I haven't play tested it.

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html 	 -Morrow Quotes
   =-=
=-= http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/lawsuit
   -=-

Prev: Origins'98 - a 'mini' con report Next: computer list