Prev: RE: Dogs, use of (non-explosive), cats, and grav bikes. Next: Re: GZG Future (was Re: Odd FT Idea)

Re: EFSB & RE: Babylon 5

From: Kelvin Henderson <kx.henderson@q...>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 11:57:38 +1000 (EST)
Subject: Re: EFSB & RE: Babylon 5

>Well, the Narn/Centauri battles depends on what kind of minis you're
bringing
>to the table.	Some of the new AOG stuff is really kickass, but huge
and EFSB
>has no stats for them.  If you're going with the EFSB ships, the Narn
Heavy
>Cruiser and the Centauri Light Cruiser are about evenly matched - the 4
>fighter groups on the Narn helps.  Between those ships a difference in
skill
>will be greatly magnified - lots of chances to screw up royally.  if
anthing
>the Narn CA is a little more versatile, but the Centauri CL has
manuver.
>Between the Narn Battle Dreadnought (BDN) and the Centauri Battle
Cruiser
>(BC), the match is a bit less even - the Narn cannot let the Centauri
get
>close, and the Centauri have the good manuvering.  But a Narn CA and
BDN
>together can take out a Centauri BC relatively easily - if the fighters
are
>used well.

I've found that in a one-on-one fight the Narn have the advantage when
using their Dradnought against the Centauri Battlecruiser.  Those Heavy
Beams pack a nasty punch.  The Centauri need to keep range so they can
avoid the Energy Mines and the extra dice from the Heavy Beams and then
wear the Narn down.  A nice, even match is the Omega and the Narn
Dreadnought (or a G'Quan if you play B5Wars).  The Omega has the
advantage
of having superior fighters.  As far as the Centauri Light cruiser goes,
think its under-powered for what we've seen it do in the series.  Don't
know how to rememdy that, but its still under-powered.

I too would love to see more EFSB on this list.  It is technically a GZG
product as Jon wrote most of the rules, so I think its a very valid
topic
for us.

-Kelvin....

   "And how do you suppose we stop them?
      Get a big red sign with the word
	    STOP written on it?"

Prev: RE: Dogs, use of (non-explosive), cats, and grav bikes. Next: Re: GZG Future (was Re: Odd FT Idea)