Prev: Re: Babylon 5 (OT) Next: Re: Odd FT Idea

Re: John Atkinson

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 22:35:55 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: John Atkinson

You wrote:

>Just understand that, take it with a pinch of salt. Assume the best
>rather than the worst when he 'talks' here. A lot can be
>misinterpreted via an ascii only medium.

I tend to write the words as I would say them in conversation, and you
loose a lot of the tone and facial expression that tends to indicate
"Hey, I don't take this that seriously and neither should you."  If
someone gets their panties in a bunch over that, sorry.  I'm not going
to write like this is some sort of presentation "My name is John
Atkinson and I will be presenting a block of instruction on the
granularity of Dirtside and whether or not we should model out the
various versions of anti-tank rounds with secondary blast effects.
(insert officious-sounding drivel) Are there any questions on the block
of instruction I have presented to you?"  I go to AT next week and I'll
be doing rather more than my fair share of that nonsense--as a Team
Leader one is at the bottom of the chain of the "Hey, the troops aren't
doing anything, let's teach a class!" nonsense.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: Babylon 5 (OT) Next: Re: Odd FT Idea