Prev: Re: Vivre la Quebec libre!! (8-) (was Re: Odd FT Idea) Next: Re: SAW versus HMGs in StarGrunt and DirtSide

Re: John Atkinson

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 21:48:17 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: John Atkinson

You wrote:

<snip>
>everyone here in discussing matters both near and far to gaming. I
think >you owe everyone an apology.

No deal.  I will say that my comments have been interpreted as more
harsh than I intended them.  I am steadily waiting for a reason to
nuance either Stargrunt or Dirtside to that level of granularity, when
if you note the rules have lumped all HVC ammo into one generic
validity vs. vehicles and one vs. infantry.  After all, one assumes
that the tank commanders are making rational decisions on that issue.
I don't want to play a batallion-level game where I have to worry about
what loyal loader PFC Treadhead Snuffy (or autoloader serial number
228492030) has up the spout--that's an issue for platoon-level gaming,
and a platoon-level game the focuses on armored vehicles.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: Vivre la Quebec libre!! (8-) (was Re: Odd FT Idea) Next: Re: SAW versus HMGs in StarGrunt and DirtSide