Prev: RE: Japonese Corporate Mercenaries color scheme Next: Advanced Guided Missile systems

SAW versus HMGs in StarGrunt and DirtSide

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 15:41:23 -0700
Subject: SAW versus HMGs in StarGrunt and DirtSide

Hello,
	I've been watching the discussion regarding the use of HMGs
versus the
Squad Assault Weapons from StarGrunt.
	Here is my solution that goes along with my point costs for SG.
	The Squad Assault Weapon is the "Heavy Rifles" listed in
DirtSide for
Powered Armor forces.  If a fire team has a SAW in it then it can fire
up
to 8 inches and draws three chits.  A SAW in SG costs 8 points.  The
free
weapon that vehicles get are the SAW and take up no space.
	The APSW in DirtSide are the MMGs and HMGs being discussed.  The
most
reasonable I've read are the ones with MMGs: FP 2D6 and impact 1D10 and
HMGs FP 2D8 and impact 1D12.  A MMG takes up one space for a turret
weapon
and a HMG takes up 2 spaces for a turret weapon.  A MMG costs 8 points
and
a HMG costs 10 points.	If a squad or vehicle have them then they can
fire
up to 12 inches and draw three chits in DirtSide.
	Meanwhile, I believe that RFACs and GFACs should draw three
chits against
infantry as well in a DirtSide game.  Of course a RFAC/GFAC-1 takes up
two
spaces for a fixed gun three for a turret.
	Therefore, the trade off is space versus effectiveness versus
infantry.
	I would apreciate the feedback.
		Phil P.

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto!

Prev: RE: Japonese Corporate Mercenaries color scheme Next: Advanced Guided Missile systems