Prev: Re: Odd FT Idea Next: Re: NAC units, was Odd FT Idea

Re: Vivre la Quebec libre!! (8-) (was Re: Odd FT Idea)

From: Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@U...
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 07:30:57 -0500
Subject: Re: Vivre la Quebec libre!! (8-) (was Re: Odd FT Idea)

-     The UN turns Milgov (to borrow a Twilight 2000 word) down when
asked
for
-assistance (who are they gonna send, the Pakis?).  Milgov turns to
Britain
&
-Canada.  They graciously agree to assist, and it takes *7 years* to
pacify
all
-of North America.  Probably 7 long, hard years.  With as much nastiness
as
-that would generate, keeping some good hardened garrison troops in
Quebec
-would not be a problem.  I think the Quebecois 'movement' might still
exist,
-but offworld at best.

On the other hand, I could definitely see, in the midst of the long
struggle, feeling the pressure of a changed-mind French Gov(still in the
EC,right? don't have the book timeline handy), and Canada forging close
ties with UK on the way to the NAC deciding they can live without the
vaunted Quebec economic base, allowing the big Q to be split off.
Weirder
has happened.

On the other other hand, ;->= , I could see in the midst of the terrible
struggle, Quebec decides to incorporate the rest of Canada in a grand
Arcadian dream, and UK unable to help, with both UK and Canadian armed
forces being SO commited in the south, cutting off the UK at the 42
parallel, in a reverse of situation George III ended up with. Not saying
this is likely, just same wierd trick of mind required as for USA taking
fiefdom status. We'd have to lose a LOT of swagger.

This future history stuff is a LOT more dicey than some folks are
willing
to admit, me thinks...

Me, I'm filling the thankfully large cracks in the timeline with
whatever
feels fun, sort of like the rules. Like I said before, THANKS JON T.

Now if I could just get up to the Train Cellar to see if they have those
tiny Texaco decals for my Texacan Free States ships...

The_Beast

P.S. I wasn't ignoring your Orbits post, Noah. Being simple minded, I
was
waiting for a reply containing a Reader's Digest version. *blush*

Prev: Re: Odd FT Idea Next: Re: NAC units, was Odd FT Idea