Prev: RE: Odd FT Idea Next: Re: Vulnerability of tanks, aircraft to lower TL attacks

RE: NAC units, was Odd FT Idea

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 21:59:34 +1000
Subject: RE: NAC units, was Odd FT Idea

-----Original Message-----
From: Stuart Murray [mailto:smurray@aecom.yu.edu]

>Again I for one would be VERY surprised if the  British Army untis and
the
>US forces actually merge.  th etactical doctrines for the Royal Marines
and
>Paras are so completely at odds with those for the American forces
(hey, it
>would mean that the US troops have to start tabbing with bergens
[walking

Hey Stuart, you might be surprised at how alike tactical doctrine can
be. Having worked with both Brits and Americans we were surprised at how
alike the Australian infantry soldier and the US Marine were. Hype,
Oorah and such aside, apart from terminology tactical doctrine was very
similar. Whilst you are at it, you might be surprised at how different
some of the tactical doctrine is for Royal Marines compared to the Paras
or regular infantry like Green Howards!?

But I've got to agree that it would be hihgly unlikely that too amny
units would be amalgamated across the big pond.

Owen G

Prev: RE: Odd FT Idea Next: Re: Vulnerability of tanks, aircraft to lower TL attacks