Prev: Re: Table Size (was Room to Game) Next: Re: High Velocity Missiles (HVM)

Re: sniper weapons for SGII

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 01:12:15 +0100
Subject: Re: sniper weapons for SGII

At 09:55 26/06/98 -0500, you wrote:
>The last ATR in regular military service was, IIRC, the Lahti 20mm used

>by the Finnish Army during WWII up until the end of the war.  Maybe the

>Ruskie held onto their 13mm peashooters a bit longer, I dunno.  But
>anyway, this Lahti was a semi-automatic conversion with bipod of an
>aircraft cannon.  Indeed, some were left full-auto.  :)  Anyway, this
>thing could gut a BT-series tank, and even kill a T-34 from the rear at

>close range, but was decidedly obsolete by 1944.  Panzerfausts became
>the Finnish weapon of choice for dismounted tank-killing.  I don't care

>what kind of ammo or what kind of chamber system you've got on it, no
>rifle can put the sort of energy down-range that a shoulder-fired
>rocket can.
>
>John

	The Russian did keep their version until they copied the
Panzerfaust and
called it an RPG. You're right about the energy, at put out that amount
of
energy and leave the PBI with some of his shoulder. I don't know why no
one
has yet gone for faster than sound missiles. Mount the missile with a
solid
penetrator rather than a charge and let rip. Guidance maybe?

	Tony.
	twilko@ozemail.com.au

Prev: Re: Table Size (was Room to Game) Next: Re: High Velocity Missiles (HVM)