Prev: Re: sniper weapons for SGII Next: Re: sniper weapons for SGII

Re: sniper weapons for SGII

From: <PsyWraith@a...>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 09:57:27 EDT
Subject: Re: sniper weapons for SGII

In a message dated 6/26/98 9:49:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
smford@execpc.com
writes:

> >Q. Just for the record whats the go with the Heavy Anti-Material
Rifle
>  >(HAMR? and yes I've read the little blurb on page 27. Is it supposed
>  >be a rifle that fires "anti-matter" slugs or is it just given that
name
>  >because of the nasty effect it has on any target it hits.
>

>  This may be a version of the 20mm AMR that is in use currently with
the
>  USMC and US Army.  They fire either 20mm HE rounds or SLAP
>  (Saboted Light Armor Piercing) Depleted Uranium rounds.  SLAP rounds
>  can be used against both soft and light armored targets (IFV's become

>  Swiss cheese).
>
>  My two cents,
>  Stuart Ford

A 20mm rifle in the US inventory?  I'm based at Ft. Bragg with the 82nd
nearby
and work on a regular basis with the Rangers not to mention USASOC arms
"room"
is right down the street from my barracks.  I haven't seen a monster
like this
yet, just Barrett .50 cals.  I'd like to see your data on this weapon.

SGT Chris Ruhl
Team Chief, Tactical PSYOP Team 931
A Company, 9th PSYOP Battalion (Airborne)

Prev: Re: sniper weapons for SGII Next: Re: sniper weapons for SGII