Prev: Re: Full Thrust 3 rules Next: Ship builder quicky

RE: Full Thrust 3 rules

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 11:33:25 +1000
Subject: RE: Full Thrust 3 rules

Hey John, I agree with most of what you said.

Paul O'Grady and I tried the FSE vs ESU using standard FB designs and
between Heavy Fighters and SMLs my ESU fleet ceased to exist in the
first pass! Well, 5 out of 9 destroyed and two of the remainder had no
systems left!

Paul argued that it wasn't quite so bad and that after his SMLs had
fired off their salvoes the ships were left with only a couple of 1s or
a 2 Class beam weapon. Yeah, right, i should take consolation from that
fact when I didn't have a viable force left.

We both decided the same as John, a bucket load of small scoutship
'missile sponges' to absorb the SMLs. But then we are starting to
min/max the fleets, No?

Owen G

Prev: Re: Full Thrust 3 rules Next: Ship builder quicky