Prev: Re: Communication and Travel Next: Re: Communication and Travel

Re: Looking for US Army minis

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 11:50:24 -0500
Subject: Re: Looking for US Army minis

Jim spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> >>	 Y'know, now that I think about it, with the USA having the
Fritz
> >helmet, >and the older M60, which looks a LOT like the MG42, I can
see

> >Well it's not our fault the Germans had better helmets and machine
guns
> >than we did!  It's only logical to copy the best--although we didn't
> >quite get the '60 right.  That German reliability somehow evades. . .
>
> Although, didn't the German army go to a pot style like the old US
WWII
> helmet? (Albeit, constructed of composites)

Note however that if you ever run into territorial german army
troops, many tend to have leftover equipment which may not post date
the second WW by much. I remember a friend who went to Germany
telling me how their gas masks were pretty much the same as WW2
issue....

And the New US Helmet is a great helmet in many ways. A definite
improvement on the pot. If you're in the kind of shooting war that
requires a helmet, that's a good one. I personally hate the things,
for most work in the bush I'd rather have on a beret or an aussie
bush hat, but then I much prefer to not be seen and to be able to
move easily and quickly and hide to being armoured. But that helmet
has saved some lives and that's what it is meant for.

Tom.

Prev: Re: Communication and Travel Next: Re: Communication and Travel