Prev: Re: Urban Terrain (wasSG2 Bunkers/Buildings) Next: OT, was Re: combat spoilers for "Movements of Fire and Shadow"

Re: Looking for US Army minis

From: jfoster@k... (Jim 'Jiji' Foster)
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 07:11:19 -0500
Subject: Re: Looking for US Army minis

At 22:58 6/18/98, John Atkinson wrote:
>>     Y'know, now that I think about it, with the USA having the Fritz
>helmet, >and the older M60, which looks a LOT like the MG42, I can see
>
>Well it's not our fault the Germans had better helmets and machine guns
>than we did!  It's only logical to copy the best--although we didn't
>quite get the '60 right.  That German reliability somehow evades. . .

Although, didn't the German army go to a pot style like the old US WWII
helmet? (Albeit, constructed of composites)

------
Jim 'Jiji' Foster / jfoster@kansas.net / Jiji @ AnimeMUCK / TIP #28 /
PPIG #42

"The wisest and best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions,
may
be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke.
"
    - Jane Austen, _Pride & Predjudice_

Prev: Re: Urban Terrain (wasSG2 Bunkers/Buildings) Next: OT, was Re: combat spoilers for "Movements of Fire and Shadow"