Prev: Re: Looking for US Army minis Next: Re: Looking for US Army minis

Re: Urban Terrain (wasSG2 Bunkers/Buildings)

From: "Paul O'Grady" <paulog@o...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 17:11:24 +1000
Subject: Re: Urban Terrain (wasSG2 Bunkers/Buildings)

>>>How will you be doing the levels,
>>
>>It will cost 1 action to move into another area of the bldg: up/down
or
>>sideways.  This will include full room clearance drills
>>Paul
>
>But how will you map it all out, it sounds like with that many
buildings,
>things will get cluttered or confused.

We are leaving it setup in my garage for as long as it takes :-) so
packing
up and resetting up wont be a problem.
At the end of a 12 turn game, we will resolve any contested buildings
and
lay a bit of string to seperate 'my' bldgs from 'Owen's' bldgs to show
the
Forward Edge of the Battle Area (FEBA).

A Campaign turn will occur between games for reinforcements, casualty
resolution and so on...

At the start of the next game, troops will start with hidden setup
anywhere
on your own side of the FEBA.  Each side rolls a d4 and thats how many
bdlgs must have their contents revealed (from surveillance probing etc)

Hidden movement will occur within each game- simply asking the other
player
to turn around (or go and make the coffee) and move accordingly (only
gentlemen to play !)

The object of the whole campaign is to capture the 'Planetary Governor's
Residence' which is about 3/4 of the way down the board and has a nice
park
out the front for even more killing ground !

Other comments or suggestions for running this 'Mass Urban' game
appreciated...
Paul

Prev: Re: Looking for US Army minis Next: Re: Looking for US Army minis