Prev: Re: Communication and Travel Next: Re: What makes a Carrier? (ftfb)

Comunication & travel: AI robotics?

From: Jason Stephensen <J.Stephensen@f...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 15:12:44 +1000
Subject: Comunication & travel: AI robotics?

At 02:32 PM 6/15/98 +1000, you wrote:
>Hello All

>Why do the couriers need crews.? We know AI exists in the FT universe,
so
>perhaps communication would be by AI controlled express boats, which
jump in
>system, download data to another boat, which jumps out, then recharges,
uploads
>data and jumps out itself. Becasue they have no human crews, they could
jump
>quickly, and there could be reqgular streams (say every hour) of these
arriving
>and leaving, thus communications would NOT be insatntaneous but perhaps
only
>half a day from one side of Human space to the other.
>
>Geoffrey

I like this idea. Makes the information transmission easier to explain
and
seems very much possible. Just have the worries of burnout on the
transporting ships. And there'd have to be a constant stream of them to
make it effective. It would also make an interesting idea for a scenario
in
trying to cut lines of information.

		 Colonel Abrahms, 22nd Oceania Regiment
		  "He dosen't know what he wants.
			  He's Insane"
		email J.Stephensen@fbs.gu.edu.au

Prev: Re: Communication and Travel Next: Re: What makes a Carrier? (ftfb)