Prev: Re: Fleet Book Errata ? Next: RE: Painting Valiant Miniatures

Re: What makes a Carrier? (ftfb)

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 12:47:26 +0300 (EET DST)
Subject: Re: What makes a Carrier? (ftfb)

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> Not really... not as long as you don't allow the carrier to maneuver
on
> the turn of launch, to give the fighters time enough to clear the ship
so
> they aren't overrun by it :-/

Unless you completely ignore the velocity vector the carrier gives the
launching fighters (which I think is the way FB handles it, hohum...),
you want to launch so that the carrier's velocity helps the fighters
reach their target.

So, a wet navy carrier turns into the wind to launch while a space
carrier turns into the attack to launch (or at the very least stops).

Oh well... if you take real physics far enough, space fighters turn out
to be a pretty stupid weapon anyway...

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	   | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: Fleet Book Errata ? Next: RE: Painting Valiant Miniatures