Prev: Re: He is back! Next: Re: Carrier status, was Re: More Fleet Book questions

Re: Fighter Mounts

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 00:03:27 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Fighter Mounts

You wrote:

>External Mounts/Launch Tubes:
>  This type of system (Omega Destroyer - Star Fury launches) allows
the >ship to launch many (if not all) of thier ships at one time. The
>drawback is docking and maintainence. Mating to a docking collar
during >combat is tricky (if not deadly). Doing maintainence in
>microgravity/vacume is also tricky.

Ideally suited for species like the Bugs[1] of In Death Ground (David
Weber), who use their gunships very much in one-shot roles.

And never mind maintinence, I want to be able to rearm my torpedo
fighters without suiting up some techs and having them try to conduct
EVAs in combat!

John M. Atkinson
[1]Actually visually appeared to be a berserk cross between a starfish
and a tarantula, refered to as Arachnids formally.  Exterminated as a
species before we could figure out how to ask them what they call
themselves.

Prev: Re: He is back! Next: Re: Carrier status, was Re: More Fleet Book questions