Prev: Re: Carrier status, was Re: More Fleet Book questions Next: Re: He is back!

Re: He is back!

From: Jason Stephensen <J.Stephensen@f...>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 14:21:30 +1000
Subject: Re: He is back!

At 10:48 PM 6/2/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>	Its That CHuk Guy again.  This time form the land of
Korea.(which side I
>am not saying :)

My guess is deep in the North.

>First.  How is the Fleet Book?  I kind of doubt I am going to see it
any
>time soon here.  Just dying for some good info on it.

I got mine off Nic this week, and anyone that has got anything off Nic
knows how nice and punctual he is with your orders, ulike a certain
trademarked company that usually gave me grief.

OK IMHO the fleet book is great. All the tweaks that Jon has done make
for
a better system. Given all the optionals that have been added, the game
looks better.

New Things
Fighters move much further and now have the option of moving after
ships.
PDAFs can hurt ships (maybe)
You have a bridge, engineering and life support as new damage areas
(optional) which look like a great idea.
Pulse torps are actually worth it now, with better range and able to
have
more then one arc.
The Beam batteries have finally been fixed up. No more A bats being
better.
Now the costs and masses seem far fairer.
You pretty much pay in points and mass for everything now.
There are SMLs and SMRs which are packs of misile swarms, which work a
little different.
Oh and ships are not limited to 100 mass anymore, some are huge. Just
that
the bigger the more expensive they are.
Armour makes far more sense now. You take damage to it before the ship
now.
And a heap more besides.

On the point of the FB, has there been any idea of what is going in the
next book? I know the Savasku and Kra'Vak, but what other races? More
aliens or minor powers? And do we have an idea when it's coming out?
Late
'98 is very vague.

>						Good to back again
>						That Chuk Guy

		 Colonel Abrahms, 22nd Oceania Regiment
		  "He dosen't know what he wants.
			  He's Insane"
		email J.Stephensen@fbs.gu.edu.au

Prev: Re: Carrier status, was Re: More Fleet Book questions Next: Re: He is back!