Prev: RE: Vector movement Next: Re: Vector movement

Re: Carrier status

From: Brian Bell <brian.bell@a...>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 11:42:53 +0100
Subject: Re: Carrier status

Jared E Noble wrote:

> 2) FlightCon - Any ship with fighters (or landing craft) may launch
>     OR recover 1 group per turn (and I would have restrictions on
>     the carrier's allowed actions that turn - only half-thrust or
>     something like that). With FlightCon you have no carrier move
>     restrictions and 2 simultaneous activities. Each additional
>     FlightCon provides 2 more simultaneous activities (maybe only 1)
>     So really big carriers can do a lot at once (by sacrificing
>     mass for FlightCon)
>      <Brian's rules were a bit different - each Launch control
>	allowed 1 extra launch per turn, and a ship could land half
>	that many (round down) - I don't distinguish which activties
>	can be performed, only how many>

I like this idea also. I would keep the recovery to 1 fighter group per
turn,
however.

One could make the change from a Firecon to a Flightcon simply by
drawing a
circle around it BEFORE the game begins. Any Firecon that is not circled
if a
Firecon not a Flightcon. This would stop the neccesity of changing the
Fleetbook.

One could also make it that on a successful Damage Control Party roll
for the
Fire/Flight control, it could be changed from a Flightcon to a Firecon
or
vice versa. But this idea is probably too much trouble to be worthwile.

Since I am on the American continent and do not, yet, have a Fleetbook,
has
there been a change on what size ship can carry fighters?

--
Brian Bell
brian.bell@axom.com

The Full Thrust Ship Registry
http://www.axom.com/bkb/fthome.html
Dirtside II Site
http://www.axom.com/bkb/ds2main.html
Stargrunt II Site
http://www.axom.com/bkb/sg2.html
Cygnus Eclipsers' Science Fiction Games Page
http://www.axom.com/bkb/scifi_game.html

Prev: RE: Vector movement Next: Re: Vector movement