Prev: Re: Sa'vasku - ground forces (look & feel) Next: Re: GZG NEWS - DSII Infantry Walkers (was: Re: Bugs...)

Re: GZG NEWS - DSII Infantry Walkers (was: Re: Bugs...)

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 15:22:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: GZG NEWS - DSII Infantry Walkers (was: Re: Bugs...)

On Thu, 28 May 1998, John Atkinson wrote:

> You wrote:
>
> >Those of you who play DSII may be interested to hear that we've just
> got >the first DSII Infantry Walker mini from the sculptor! It is a
>
> Hrm.	Interesting.  I might pick a few up for the cool factor, but I'm

> not sure where they'd fit into a force structure--it's a nifty idea
for
> a mini, but as someone pointed out in the DSII rulebook, a bad idea
> from a logical standpoint.

One advantage that Infantry Walkers enjoy in ds2 is that they're the
only
vehicles that can be orbitally inserted - so I send them along with my
orbitally inserted PI as fire support vehicles. They also have more
versitile (sp?) weapon-mounting systems than most Size 1 vehicles.

My orbital assault PI companies are formed as follows:

3x PI Platoon: 4 bases PI rifles, 1 base PI GMS/L ea.

2x Inf. Walker Platoon: 2 GMS/H walkers, 1 MDC/2 walker ea.

I use Scotia MicroModels' PI & Infantry Walkers - very nice minis all.

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)

Prev: Re: Sa'vasku - ground forces (look & feel) Next: Re: GZG NEWS - DSII Infantry Walkers (was: Re: Bugs...)