Prev: Re: EFSB Vector Movement vs. FB Vector Movement Next: Re: GZG bugs

Re: EFSB Vector Movement vs. FB Vector Movement

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 21:35:58 +0200
Subject: Re: EFSB Vector Movement vs. FB Vector Movement

Jerry Han wrote:

> A sharp eyed player in my current PBeM game noticed that in FB,
> you can spend 1 thruster point to turn any number of facings, while in
> EFSB, you spend 1 thruster point to turn 1 facing.
>
> Now, here's the big question:  why the difference?  Is it simply
because
> most ships in B5 seem to turn like cows?

<g> Yes, I think so. The difference is there; you haven't misread
anything... and the EFSB rules make the Centauri ships a lot more nimble
than the other reaction-drive users, while their extra thruster points
wouldn't be that huge a bonus under the FB rules.

I don't know how long one turn of EFSB combat is (it's probably
somewhere, but Jon has adopted the "1 turn ~15 minutes" timescale for FT
and doesn't believe that it'd take even a lumbering battleship more than
that to turn around completely :-)

I like the low turning rates of the EFSB ships, but I find it very
difficult to argue with Jons FB logic - especially since I too am firmly
entrenched in the 15 minute turn way of thinking...

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@nacka.mail.telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: EFSB Vector Movement vs. FB Vector Movement Next: Re: GZG bugs