Prev: Re: FB clarification [FAQ] Next: Re: EFSB Vector Movement vs. FB Vector Movement

Re: EFSB Vector Movement vs. FB Vector Movement

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 20:33:17 +0100
Subject: Re: EFSB Vector Movement vs. FB Vector Movement

>Howdy folks,
>
>A sharp eyed player in my current PBeM game noticed that in FB,
>you can spend 1 thruster point to turn any number of facings, while in
>EFSB, you spend 1 thruster point to turn 1 facing.
>
>Now, here's the big question:	why the difference?  Is it simply
because
>most ships in B5 seem to turn like cows?  Or is there an actual play
>balance difference that means I should adopt the latter system?
>
>(Or did I and the people I've played EFSB with really mis-read the
>EFSB rules and that the systems are actually the same?)

No, you are right - the rules are different. The FB ones are like they
are
because I felt (as a result of some of the in-house testing) that
restricting the rotation was too limiting on ships with low-thrust
drives.
In the end, feel free to use whichever version you are personally
happier
with (for either game).

Jon (GZG)

>Thanks