Prev: Re: Fleet book [OT] Next: Re: [OT] Fleet book (and intercontinental shipping)

APSW from DS to SG

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 11:22:36 -0700
Subject: APSW from DS to SG

Hello,
	There was a discussion about the use of heavy machine guns to
represent
APSWs in StarGrunt.  I proposed that one should consider using the RFAC
1/2
as an anti-infantry weapon.  It costs 10 points (the Same as a stand
alone
APSW) and has the same effective range against infantry (12 inches).
Then
I suggested that one should make the number of chits drawn for an
RFAC-1/2
against infantry to be three.  I still hold to that argument and to my
postings of Star Grunt weapons and their associated costs.
	However, there is an advantage to having a set of light, meadium
and heavy
machine guns that take up a certain amount of space with their own
results.
 I think that the free APSW should be the 4 point costing squad support
weapon in a external mount.  However, if someone wants to spend the 10
points for a HMG in an internal mount, that should be available as well.
	I think the difference in the two systems is this.  The RFAC has
been show
as an effective weapon against infantry (Bradleys, Cobras and Apaches
have
shown that).  The RFAC relies more on accuracy and lethality of the
single
round.	Using the fire control system of a RFAC makes it more accurate
and
the lethality of the individual round would be great against Powered
Armour.
	Meanwhile, the MMG and HMG would use the volume of fire as their
main
attribute.  This and the fact that they take up less space on a vehicle
makes them a good alternative.
	Would someone please send me the posts of the Heavy Machine Gun
data?
		Thank you,
			Phil P.

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto!

Prev: Re: Fleet book [OT] Next: Re: [OT] Fleet book (and intercontinental shipping)