Prev: Re: FB clarification [FAQ] Next: GZG bugs

RE: FB clarification [FAQ]

From: Tim Jones <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 16:44:12 +0100
Subject: RE: FB clarification [FAQ]

On Wednesday, May 27, 1998 12:42 AM, Tony Wilkinson
[SMTP:twilko@ozemail.com.au] wrote:
>	Last question first. The MT missile is there and is Mass 2
costing 6
> points. ...

Firstly thanks for replying

I think we have a misunderstanding - I know MT missiles are in the FB
design
section. The last question was to do with fighters blowing up with the
missile
on interception, not the design system.

>	Yes fighters can intercept missiles within 6" hitting on 5 and
6. For
> fighters and class 1 batteries the hits do only a single hit but the 6
> still allows rerolls. This seems to be the case whatever the target.

The fighter interception rules explicitly state SML missiles only
though, not
MT missiles. Therefore implicitly they may be included, but then again
they may
not be. if it had said 'missiles' it wouldn't be ambiguous but stating
'SML missiles' it is ambiguous.

> The pulse torp has always been my weapon of choice and that looks like
> becoming even more so.

Yes this looks like too many nails in the MT missiles' coffin
for them to be cost effective as they stand.

tim jones
----

Prev: Re: FB clarification [FAQ] Next: GZG bugs