Prev: Re: Knight Hawks and Star Frontiers Online! Next: Re: Fighter Arcs

Re: Thoughts on FB .....was Re: Bogey Classes FB

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 11:14:58 +0100
Subject: Re: Thoughts on FB .....was Re: Bogey Classes FB

In message <199805250134.DAA16378@d1o27.telia.com>
	  "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@nacka.mail.telia.com> wrote:

> Samuel Penn wrote:
> > Like I said, I've only browsed the FB briefly, so I'm not aware
> > of _all_ the changes which have been made. I presume you mean
> > 6's roll up.
>
> Yes. Natural rolls of '6' allow an extra damage die to be rolled, for
> certain weapons (beams in particular). This extra die ignores both
> screens and armour, so it is quite important against heavily protected
> units.

Wow. That's, um, nasty. I'd assumed the roll up would still be
affected by screens. Can the second die roll up as well?

Thinking about it though, I quite like it (says he who only
ever rolls 6's on threshold checks :( ).

> > I'd noticed PTs have had their range extended now. They always were
> > the weapon of choice v screened ships.
>
> That's the least of the PT changes! They also have had their basic
Mass
> reduced to 4, and are allowed up to a 180 arc of fire (though extra
arcs
> cost extra Mass, just like for the beams).

Oh goody, says I, looking at the rows and rows of PTs in my
NSL designs :)

--
Be seeing you,	     http://www.bifrost.demon.co.uk/Gaming/Gaming.html
Sam.		     ----------------------- Roleplaying and Wargaming

Prev: Re: Knight Hawks and Star Frontiers Online! Next: Re: Fighter Arcs