Prev: Re: Bogey System for FB [?] Next: Re: Low Tech Scenarios

Re: AK-47 rounds: was RE: Low Tech Scenarios

From: NVDoyle <NVDoyle@a...>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 17:31:50 EDT
Subject: Re: AK-47 rounds: was RE: Low Tech Scenarios

In a message dated 98-05-20 13:25:31 EDT, Tony writes:

<< I believe that the AK-47 used 7.63mm rounds, of course, I'm no
 expert, so I could be way off. I seem to recall firing an
 AK with 7.62mm rounds but the owner said that that was only
 because it wasn't very easy to get the 7.63 stuff. Could have
 all been BS and I wouldn't have been the wiser...

Er, sounds like BS to me.  AFAIK, the AK series up to the -74 used a
7.62x39
round.	There were a couple of related odd ducks, like the Czech
7.62x45, but
it didn't last long (political protest through ammo specs!  Gotta love
the
Czechs).  The -74 went with a 5.54 round, dunno the length, books are
packed.
Anyway, you can now get AK-types that fire 5.56 NATO standard.	All
sorts of
wierd stuff out there...

Noah V. Doyle

Prev: Re: Bogey System for FB [?] Next: Re: Low Tech Scenarios