Prev: Morale, was Re: Low Tech Scenarios Next: RE: Low Tech Scenarios

Florida, was RE: Low Tech Scenarios

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 06:55:33 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Florida, was RE: Low Tech Scenarios

You wrote:

>Hey John!  Do you mean Camp Blanding?	I've been there a couple of
times >for training.  Not as much sand as Canadian Bases (no joke) but
the bugs >freaked the hell out of me ;-)  Ever get a tick ;-)

*Double take*

Why on earth would any Canadian in their right mind go to Camp
Blanding?  It was too muggy for me, and I'm a Virginian!  Yes, the bugs
are pretty damned intimidating, but I found that 100% DEET will keep
them off for four or five hours.  May mutate all my chromosomes, give
me cancer, and cause my children to have three heads, but after those
mosquitos it's worth it.

Amazing how many threads we have running around claiming to be low tech
scenarios.  I'd suggest folks relabel threads when they respond to 'em.

John

Prev: Morale, was Re: Low Tech Scenarios Next: RE: Low Tech Scenarios