Prev: Re: Low Tech Scenarios Next: Re: Low Tech Scenarios

Re: Low Tech Scenarios

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 23:44:45 -0400
Subject: Re: Low Tech Scenarios

John Atkinson wrote:

> You wrote:
>
> >bastards. And who fires only one round?
>
> A lot of people--remember those guys that got CMOHs?	Betcha when
> surrounded and outnumbered at those percentages you switch to semi and
> make every round count.

You should almost always be on semi anyway. One can fire more than one
round on semi. <g> Just shoot until the guy goes down.

> >The only problem you get into with 5.56mm is in it's use with SAW.
> It's a >little light for a MG round when you are firing at vehicles.
At

> Who shoots at vehicles with a SAW?  Gotta be _real_ short on real
> weapons to be that desperate.

And how many real weapons do you think an infantry platoon lugs around?
Maybe a pair of  AT4s. Several M203s and some MGs. You open up on
targets
(even vehicles) with everything. Keeps the bastards buttoned up. About
the
SAW, exactly my point. A heavier caliber squad MG would punch holes
through
an APC has 300-400 meters. A SAW won't. Still I'm not dissing the SAW.
Before it you just had an M!6 AR (witha  cheesy bipod) at the fireteam
level..

Los

Prev: Re: Low Tech Scenarios Next: Re: Low Tech Scenarios