Prev: Re: Mobile mines Next: Re: Mines 8 (!)

RE: Low Tech Scenarios

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 17:11:36 +1000
Subject: RE: Low Tech Scenarios

-----Original Message-----
From: tlsmith@micron.net [mailto:tlsmith@micron.net]

>I think hidden movement rules would be
>important here. Has anyone tried to use hidden movement (beyond the
sniper
>and hidden deployment rules)?

Hidden movement? We use it in just about every game we play. For each 4
squads roll 1d4 for dummy markers (or 1d6 if you're game). These are
moved as normal units (lowest speed for troops representing eg if the
platoon is APC or foot infantry move the dummies at relevant speed).
Spotting is automatic if LOS is gained in the open but an Observation
action is required if the unit is in cover.

The tricky bit is when you have a dummy spotted by another inverted
marker; basically you are confirming that the spotting marker IS a unit
(dummies can't spot!) so a bit of double bluff comes into it by the
player who may spot decides NOT to demand that the marker in the open is
turned over to reveal if the opponents is real or not! Even if his
inverted marker is a real unit, this prolongs the suspense a little.

Well this works very well for us in just about every game we've played.

You can vary this with defenders only using dummies or increase/dcerease
the number of dummy markers.

Enjoy,

Owen G

Prev: Re: Mobile mines Next: Re: Mines 8 (!)