Prev: Re: Kra'vak was Re: Low Tech Scenarios Next: Re: Low Tech Scenarios

Re: Mobile mines

From: tom411@j... (Thomas E Hughes)
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 15:47:31 -0500
Subject: Re: Mobile mines

On Sat, 16 May 1998 20:16:00 +0100 Tony Wilkinson
<twilko@ozemail.com.au>
writes:

>	Mobile mines are placed as standard mines and have a defined
>area as for
>minefield type (be this defined by magnetic fields, robotic
>intelligence,
>etc....). Treat as a standard minefield in all respects except
>clearing.
>	If attempting to clear an infantry lane through the field, no
>effect. The
>mines are in constant random motion (underground) and will reseed the
>laneway in a very short time.
>	If attempting to clear a vehicle sized laneway, no lane is
>cleared due to
>the mines movement but the effectiveness of the enitre field is
>reduced by

Duh, but excuse me for asking, but just what are the mine clearers doing
when this dinner plate thing just digs itself out of the ground and
wanders across the trail and then digs itself back into the ground? A
couple of sharp shooters could take those babies out with one or two
bursts of their AR's. I think a mobile mine field is a good idea but it
needs a little more work on just what that would constitute. Mobile
could
mean that the mine field deploys itself, or that it reconfigures itself
on command or something, but move around on its own? If it could do that
I would have to ask for the rules on my "assault mine field" it would be
perfect for assaulting a fixed position. Could you imagine the fun you
would have when a mine crawled into your foxhole? No troopers, just the
attack of the dinner plates that go Boom!

Tom Hughes

"The first one never has a chance."

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Prev: Re: Kra'vak was Re: Low Tech Scenarios Next: Re: Low Tech Scenarios