Prev: Mini question Next: Mines, Part 1

Re: Fleet Book beam weapon questions

From: Kevin Walker <sage@m...>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 22:14:48 -0500
Subject: Re: Fleet Book beam weapon questions

At approximately 5/14/98 8:35 PM,  NVDoyle wrote:

>Well, that's the way we always played it in our group.  We reversed the
>original letter progression (A was large, now A is smallest), and
scrapped
>the
>AA for the D-class beam battery (4d, 48" range).  Not having the Fleet
book
>yet, this seems to be correct.  I like it, personally.  It allowed us
to do
>really out-there things, like F-class beams & higher (big spinal
mounts).

>A question to those who have both the Fleet Book & the EFSB - Is it
worth
>getting both?	Are they mostly dupes, or different?

Definitely!   Of course they both have different ships.  With the FB you

get the recent ship construction system.  I haven't been able to locate
point system in the EFSB yet.

The FB also provides some interesting background info on "official" (and

I use this word lightly) races.

The variety of ships in the FB makes for easy and quick pick up games
for
cons and gaming get togethers.

Kevin Walker			 Mac Developer / Software Engineer
sage@millcomm.com		 sage@wamnet.com
Rochester  MN  USA		 WAM!NET

Prev: Mini question Next: Mines, Part 1