Prev: RE: Full Thrust discussion, anyone? Next: Re: FB XLS Design Sheet v0.2 Available

Re: bayonettes are too a useful device

From: Mike Looney - ionet <mlooney@i...>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 09:29:25 -0500
Subject: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device

Allan Goodall wrote:

> On Mon, 11 May 1998 21:27:42 -0500 (CDT), jatkins6@ix.netcom.com (John
>
> Atkinson) wrote:
>
> >IMHO, anyone who wargames a crowd control situation is off his
> rocker.
> >It's a loose-loose situation for all concerned.  The crowd gets
> fscked
> >up, and the military takes massive hits from the media and
> politicians.
>
> Actually, Practical Wargamer included a set of rules for crowds and
> mobs in a
> recent issue. It was a simple set of rules that spanned several eras.
> The way
> they had it set up, it looked rather interesting. Putting a mob in the
> middle
> of a two-way battle could be an interesting, if chaotic, game.
>
> Of course, it assumed that there was no crowd control. The crowd was
> already
> beyond control... :-)

On the "Evil Empire 6 mm Mailing List" (not it's real name...) we came
up with rules for crowds.  Basically the humans tried to keep them alive
and the bugs tried to eat them, with some odd rules for "The things that
look like humans but are green with big teeth" capturing them.	 Self
moving capture and hold objectives that are effected by barrage weapons,
more or less.

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus
http://www.spellbooksoftware.com

Prev: RE: Full Thrust discussion, anyone? Next: Re: FB XLS Design Sheet v0.2 Available